Bernard Blaser, PT
I have been practicing physiotherapy in Kingston since 1982. I was a co-owner of Blaser’s Physiotherapy Clinic for over 30 years until the clinic was sold in 2012.
My clinical special interests over the years have included: anatomy and exercise physiology; exercise screening, prescription, and monitoring in higher-risk patients; treatment of chronic myofascial pain; medical massage and trigger point work; acupuncture and trigger point needling; and the basic science and applications of therapeutic LASER.
In my initial practice years, I focused on patients with sports and general orthopedic injuries, while in more recent years, I have developed a strong interest and skill set in managing patients with persistent pain conditions. These clinical interests led me to obtain advanced certification in manual trigger point therapy and trigger point needling.
Being fit and active has been a lifelong interest for me. As a teen, I participated in Judo and gymnastics for many years, and was on the Queen’s gymnastics team for 5 years, one year as Captain. I earned my black belt in Karate and then pursued extensive training in Muay Thai. An aging athlete now, I am still very active on a daily basis.
• Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Physical and Health Education, 1977
• Bachelor of Science (Physical Therapy) 1982.
• Foundations of Trigger Point Examination and Treatment, Trigger Point Needling, and Certification. 2007-2008
• Manual Therapy – extensive training throughout the 1980s
• Acupuncture – extensive training, 1990's
• Member of Canadian Physiotherapy Association