In over twenty-five years of clinical experience, I have developed a deep faith in the body’s ability to strengthen and to heal. I work with a wide variety of patients, from athletes to the elderly, and am dedicated to devising treatment plans tailored to your precise symptoms and history. I focus particularly in chronic pain, and have conducted research into chronic low back pain through Queen’s University. I have been a course instructor in the Physical Therapy Program at Queen’s responsible for the Electrophysical Agents and Complex Health Conditions courses.
In my clinical practice, postgraduate work, and as a dancer and dance teacher for several years, one of the most rewarding aspects of my work is to share the joy of movement with adults and children alike. I try to bring compassion, and a passion for teaching to my patient care. My approach is always to provide you with the tools you need to understand and benefit fully from your treatment at Best Health Physio.
Certifications and Memberships
- BSc Physiotherapy 1983
- BEd Adult Education 2011
- MSc Rehabilitation Science 2012
- Certified Nordic Pole Walking Instructor – Nordixx Canada
- Certified GLA:D Canada Instructor – GLA:D Canada
- Member of the Canadian Physiotherapy Association
- Member International Association for the Study of Pain
- Member of the Canadian Pain Society
- Member Canadian Pain Coalition