I have been a physiotherapist since 1989 and over the years have been gratified to witness the sense of both physical and emotional relief that people experience as their pain and dysfunction improve. I enjoy the special relationship that I develop with many patients through taking the time to really hear and be open to what they say.
There is great satisfaction in being able to provide hope of recovery to people who are experiencing disabling conditions such as vertigo, post-concussion syndrome, facial nerve palsy and lymphedema. With extensive training in the treatment of these problems, I am able to offer you specialized physical care that reduces your pain and dysfunction, as well give you the power of knowledge that you can use in the self-management of your condition.
In addition to being a co-owner of Best Health Physiotherapy, I am also a co-founder of the Kingston Concussion Alliance, which is an allied group of interdisciplinary healthcare practitioners in Kingston whose mission is to provide concussion education, medical consultation, pre-participation screening as well as post injury concussion management and rehabilitation to the Kingston and surrounding areas.
Away from the clinic I cherish spending time with my family as cheerleader, taxi driver and caterer, supporting them in their many activities. I love to read, cook, knit, quilt and walk in the woods with our border terrier.
Certifications and Memberships
- BSc Honours (zoology) University of Toronto 1986
- BSc (Physical Therapy) University of Toronto 1989
- MSc (Rehabilitation) Queen’s 1996
- Licensed by the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario
- Certified Shift Concussion Management Provider
- Certified Nordic Pole Walking Instructor – Nordixx Canada
- Co-founder of the Kingston Concussion Alliance
- Member of the Canadian Physiotherapy Association
- Member of the Vestibular Disorders Association
- Member of the Acoustic Neuroma Association of Canada