I have been practicing physiotherapy in the Kingston community for almost thirty years, and am deeply committed to helping people become pain-free, and re-engage in their lives. My approach to physiotherapy assessment and treatment acknowledges that each individual’s condition is unique and will require unique treatment. My work with patients involves careful attentive listening, thorough physical assessment, and thoughtful intervention – as my patient your needs are central to this process.
I have broad training in varied approaches to musculoskeletal assessment and treatment, including techniques such as acupuncture and manual therapy, and I offer particular expertise in the treatment of headaches, migraines and temporo-mandibular dysfunction.
As a musician, an avid outdoorsman, and active member of the community, I know the strain that life can put on your body. As a clinician, I address the root cause of your symptoms, and use every therapeutic technique at my disposal to help you get back to your best self.
Certifications and Memberships
- BSc Physiotherapy 1983 – Queen’s University
- Acupuncture Foundation of Canada Certification (CAFCI)
- Certified to practice Gunn IMS – iSTOP (Institute for the Study and Treatment of Pain)
- Certification in Spinal Manipulation – Swodeam Institute
- Certified Nordic Pole Walking Instructor – Nordixx Canada
- Member Canadian Pain Society
- Member iSTOP
- Member Neuro Orthopaedic Institute (NOI Group)
- Member Acupuncture Canada
- Member Canadian Pain Coalition